Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What�s In A Club Pro's Golf Bag.


I have been playing golf as a professional for over 30 years and have used a lot of different companies during this time when choosing the right golf bag, golf glove, golf clubs, golf shoes etc etc. for my game.

I am not one of the tour pros who get paid vast amounts to endorse their products; I have to pay for mine albeit at a discount on the trade price. So this is not an advertisement for the company, it is my honest opinion as a Golf Professional on the quality of the golf gear I use.

The Titleist PROV-1 is without doubt the best golf ball I have ever used and has been in my golf bag for many years; in fact I think I have used a titleist golf ball for the past 20 years. When I first started playing it was a Dunlop 65 fresh out of the wrapper, for those of you too young to remember golf balls used to be packaged in a wrapper back in the 1970's and before. My oh my doesn’t time fly by. Anyway where was I? Oh yeah, why the PROV-1? - Simple really, it goes a long way, flies high, stops on a sixpence and has a lovely soft feel for those shots around the green. Enough said.

I use a Titleist Players golf glove or a Footjoy Sta-Sof golf glove, both are made from high quality cabretta leather giving you a superb feel and they are very comfortable to wear. A lot of amateur golfers use the All-Weather glove or synthetic versions, but I have never liked the feel of them and although the leather golf glove costs a little bit more they are worth it. I know a few of you guy’s use the all-weather glove because it has an extra pad on the heel of the palm to help with wear and tear. Nearly every golf glove wears out there first, some quicker than others. But that is a fault of either your hold on the golf club, usually gripping the club too tightly at address and loosening your grip at impact, causing excessive wear and tear on your glove. But that’s another story, see your local pro and he will help with this.

My golf irons of choice are the Titleist Z-Blend Forged with a dynamic gold S shaft and tour velvet grip. They are a blended cavity to muscle back forged iron, which means that the long irons are cavity backed, the mid irons are a partial cavity and the short irons muscle back blade. This is a great idea and has been around for a few years now, help where needed in the longer irons gradually blending to a blade type short iron for that classic look and playability. I love these irons, they are great to look at and have a lovely feel off the club head. In my humble opinion you cannot beat a forged golf club head for exceptional feel and playability.

So there you have it, just a few of the things you will find in my golf bag. The best golf ball, the best glove, the best irons and the best golfer of all time using them. OK scrap that last comment, we can all dream.

Enjoy your golf, look after your golf equipment and if you are struggling with your game find a golf pro you like and respect and seek out some golf lessons from him. If you work at any changes in your game then you will benefit from them in the long run, if you don't, then it will be just like all the other golf tips you have discarded as being useless.


No comments:

Post a Comment